只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2218|回复: 17

[SF2] Malaysian Skyhawks - A-4PTM/TA-4PTM V1.0

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-10-4 14:39:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 小-R 于 2017-10-4 14:41 编辑

Malaysian Scooters - A-4PTM/TA-4PTM for SF2 - v1.0
==================================================

*** any SF2 that has the A-4F for the cockpit and DLC019 required for the A-4L model ***

The Tentera Udara Diraja Malaysia (TUDM, or Royal Malaysian Air Force) ordered 88 surplus Skyhawks (25 A-4Cs and 63 A-4Ls) in 1980. The TUDM wanted these planes refurbished into 54 single-seaters and 14 two-seaters. However, the US government placed a temporary hold on the sale, and escalating costs due to inflation resulted in a cut in the order to only 40 aircraft.

Grumman Aerospace at St. Augustine, Florida was given the contract to perform the rework on the TUDM Skyhawks. The rework included a complete rewiring, plus two extra underwing hardpoints similar to A-4E and later Skyhawks. A refurbished J65-W-20 engine was fitted. Updated electronics were also fitted, including the AN/ARN-118 TACAN, a SAAB RGS-2A lead computing weapons sight, a Lear Siegler altitude heading reference system, and an AN/ARC-164 UHF transceiver. The A-4Cs were fitted with the dorsal avionics hump. aswell as wing spoilers. A drag chute was installed below the tailpipe. A new canopy was fitted, which was slightly bulged at the sides. Some of the aircraft received preparations for the Hughes AN/ASB-19 Angles Rate Bombing System, aswell as provisions for AGM-65 Maverick missiles, but both were actually never used with these planes. Provisions for the use of AIM-9 Sidewinders were incorporated on the outer wing pylons. In the end, Grumman modified 34 aircraft. They were assigned the designation A-4PTM (where PTM stood for Peculiar to Malaysia, other sources say Persekutan Tanah Melayu - Federation of Malay States). The A-4PTM flew for the first time on April 12, 1984 and modified planes were assigned the TUDM serials of M32-07 to M32-40.

Six A-4C/A-4L airframes were converted into two-place Skyhawks. This was done by inserting a 28-inch plug into the fuselage. Canopy and tandem seating arrangements were generally similar to those of the Douglas-built TA-4s. These planes were designated TA-4PTM. The TA-4PTM also featured five underwing pylons. The first TA-4PTM took off on its maiden flight on August 28, 1984. The six TA-4PTMs were given the TUDM serials of M32-01 to M32-06. Since they were based on the earlier A-4C/L, the 6 planes were among the few two-seaters, that used the J65 engine (together with early TA-4S from Singapore).

Deliveries began in 1985 and were completed by February 1986. A-4PTMs served with No 6 and 9 Squadrons, both based at Kuantan AB, while TA-4PTMs served only with No 6 Squadron. Their service with the TUDM was quite brief. In 1989, it was announced that they were going to be withdrawn from service and replaced by British Aerospace Hawk Mk.208s in late 1994. Six Skyhawks were retained as tanker aircraft, using a centerline Douglas D-704 external buddy tank.

By September 1999, the TUDM Skyhawks were no longer operational, and were derelict at the Royal Malaysian Air Force Base at Kuantan.

Little information are available about those planes, so I tried to come as close as possible to the real ones. Cockpit is a heavily modded A-4F-cockpit modded around the fact, that the radarscreen was deleted and many intruments were rearranged to fill the space. According to Lt. Khoo those planes didn't have any countermeasures (no ECM, no Chaff/Flare-Dispensers) and probably no RWR. To add some survivability I deceided to leave RWR in the mod. ECM and Dispenser is commented out in the data.ini, so if you want to add those, just remove the //-bits.

If you now ask, why the hell do we need a mod of this plane, if it barely can survive in the timeframe it was used? We do not, but I made it, because I could I like this plane, because it always was one of the lesser known variants of this well-known plane and for me it is one of the best-looking Skyhawks out there. So, I hope you have some fun with the Jungle Scooter.

Installation
============
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "ut_Content_In_Your_MOOD_Folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'
3. enjoy!

If the Squadrons are missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free numbers:

[SquadronXXX]
Name=Malaysia_6SQN
DisplayName=6th Squadron
Nation=Malaysia

[SquadronXXX]
Name=Malaysia_9SQN
DisplayName=9th Squadron
Nation=Malaysia

Credits
=======
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- Fracture - TA-4 model
- Alejandro - Escapac seat
- FastCargo - FakePilot
- OldDiego - VPAF-Pilot-model
- ravenclaw_007 - LAU-3-Rocketpods + Rockets
- myself - all other work, including 3D-models (tanks, pylons, addons, refuelingpod)

If you created the ????-marked items, please contact me, so I can add your name in the credits! If I forgot someone, please PM me too!

Thanks
======
- Crusader for valuable information regarding weaponsstations-arrangement, I found in the forum, aswell as Skyhawk cockpit.ini-tweaks.
- mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff.
- Lt. Khoo, a former RMAF Skyhawk Pilot, that provided valuable information.
- Paul Ooi from http://www.paulooimodelworks.com/, that brought me in contact with Lt. Khoo.
- cocas for help learning 3D-stuff!
- RussoUK2004 initial conversion of the pylon-models
- denisoliveira infos and help adjusting fakepilots to match the original models look.

P.S.
====
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

Disclaimer
==========
This mod or parts of it may not be used for payware of any kind. If you use something, give proper credit.

下载地址:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

PS:安装前请先安装DLC19!!!!(DLC19下载戳http://www.insky.cn/bbs/forum.ph ... &tid=68119#lastpost

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即加入

x
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-9 09:14:02 | 显示全部楼层
great
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-11 10:05:11 | 显示全部楼层
Good~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-13 20:00:59 | 显示全部楼层
辛苦
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-22 17:08:49 | 显示全部楼层
座舱精度好像好了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-24 21:50:39 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-11-5 18:06:28 | 显示全部楼层

great
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-11-8 00:03:34 | 显示全部楼层
nice "scooter". Thx
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-11-9 09:22:21 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2018-1-12 17:08:41 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即加入

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|(inSky)

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:17 , Processed in 0.026367 second(s), 19 queries .