立即加入

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 4791|回复: 41

[SF2] 阿拉斯加,白令海峡地景 V1.3

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-18 09:31:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 小-R 于 2018-2-14 23:26 编辑

Bering Straits Terrain, by Menrva aka Blaze (First Official Release) --- April 13th, 2017

-For SF2, Recommended Full-5 Merged
This is a complete rebuild of the DBS terrain made by Major Lee and further tweaked by Wrench.
Wrench kindly allowed me to improve upon his work; the entire map has been retargetized and retiled using a whole new tileset, combining tiles from Brain32 and Stary. Some water bodies, lakes and rivers have been hand-tiled. The terrain has been hand-tiled to a great extent. Numerous airports have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year span.

Following one of Stary's great discoveries in terrain modding, this terrain features a 250m heightmap resolution, the double of a stock SF terrain, allowing for greater precision, overall better look and so on; visual oddities might appear, unless you make the following change in the FlightEngine.ini inside the Flight folder:

[BackgroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=70000

This terrain has a year span from June 22, 1955 (the date of the first known Cold War incident in the Bering Straits between the U.S. and the Soviets) to December 31, 2018.
Unlike my Iran/Iraq terrain, I didn't bother to add all of the possible RL airports. However, when compared to the original DBS terrain, this one has a lot more to offer, especially on the Blue Side.
The Soviets (Red Side) only have two flyable airfields. Don't even try to fly Red Side long-range bombers from said small airfields. Reason for this is that the original DBS terrain by Major Lee was rather fictional and included airbases which in reality didn't and don't exist. I made major researches and what I am providing here is a realistic representation of the area, given the terrain engine limits.
However, in turn I attempted to add some Off Map Airbases (if you have SF2NA you can benefit from this addition); I didn't have time to try and see if they do work. Also, coordinates are totally a guess, since Off map Airbases are meant to be well outside the terrain, beyond The Wall. The more feedback I receive about those, the better, as I can always release updates at a later time.
The area in reality is pretty barren, so don't expect a terrain with much targets. Still, you can enjoy CAS missions at St. Lawrence Island and Lopp Lagoon being invaded by Soviet forces, and the usual dogfights at the Bering Straits.

Ground Objects ARE NOT included. You can obtain them from Wrench's original DBS terrain release. Only very few of them should be needed anyway.

-Credits (in no particular order):
-Major Lee, who came up with the idea of recreating such an interesting scenario in the Strike Fighters world.
-Wrench, who kindly allowed me to improve upon his work by giving me a blank cheque and trusting my capabilities. Thank you, Sir!
-gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
-mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and set up for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
-luk1978, for a very good-looking waternormal.bmp and the snowy runway textures he made for his Korean terrain repaint (unofficially released at various threads). Your mods are very interesting!
-MigBuster, I have included some of your great hi-res textures for runways.
-Brain32, for the original hi-res DBS tileset he made and which I have expanded with my bad transition tiles.
-Stary, because his tilesets and TODs are pure art, his work is an inspiration to all of us. I borrowed a TOD and few tiles from his excellent Kamchatka tileset repaint.
-Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
-RussoUK, for the fixed Pit LOD he made, which solved a shadow bug from the original TW's LOD.

Because the original terrain was born from Major Lee and was later tweaked a number of times by Wrench, I included Wrench's original readme files from his DBS package, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not. Also, I always find it a pleasure to read Wrench's ReadMe files, give it a try!

Time to fly over the icy straits (maybe with a black Tomcat; yes, I am looking at you, Ace Combat). I hope you enjoy flying over the terrain as much as I enjoyed making it!

-Known Issues:
>Very few, slightly noticeable hills on water next to coastlines.
>Terrain could use a less repetitive tileset with brand new .TODs. Artists, please take note ;)
>Nothing in life is perfect, or is it?

-License:
This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
Any small changes to the terrain files, .ini files, etc. is NOT authorized if you plan to release said changes to the public. But permission will be granted to those who request it at CombatACE.
This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.

What's New in Version 1.3
Released Yesterday at 07:23 AM
  • Terrain's folder cleaned up of unnecessary files.
  • Remade planning maps to match new quality standards.
  • Terrain's heightmap remade from scratch, fixing water humps near coastlines.
  • Various bugfixes to _types.ini and _targets.ini files (thanks to swambast for providing bug fixing)!
  • Added reworked water shaders by yours truly (thanks to Stary for a new great-looking water bump map)!
  • Added airfield approach lights; airport lights are now visible during daylight hours if there is inclement weather (credits to comrpnt for the original SF1 series mod packages).

下载地址:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即加入

x
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-19 09:55:55 | 显示全部楼层
这是真的出了吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-27 21:03:01 | 显示全部楼层
看起来不错
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-27 21:03:03 | 显示全部楼层
看起来不错
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-1 16:01:41 | 显示全部楼层
下来看看。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-11 10:15:59 | 显示全部楼层
Good~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-10-24 22:15:49 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-12-9 12:49:06 | 显示全部楼层
好东西啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2018-1-12 17:02:29 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-3-31 11:20:53 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢小篇,感谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即加入

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|(inSky)

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 02:08 , Processed in 0.028392 second(s), 23 queries .